Animal Care/Breeding Centre Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to assist our animal care team within our small private, breeding collection situated near Swaffham Norfolk.
Our role is based on gaining practical experience in a role helping with all aspects of animal husbandry on a variety of animal species including birds of prey, primates and other exotic mammals.
Main roles and responsibilities:
· Daily care of raptors, macaws, primates, cats and other animals as required
· Assisting with the daily cleaning and maintenance of the facility as a whole, aiming for the highest possible standards
· Modifying enclosures as required
· Ensuring daily health checks are carried out and actioned where necessary
· Ensuring all animals designated to the breeding programme are in breeding condition as appropriate
· Ensuring all animals receive appropriate enrichment daily and have a training regime in place
This position is for a full-time role and will include weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Applicants should be aware that this position can often be physically demanding and
Involves being outdoors in all weathers.
- RELEVANT ANIMAL MANAGEMENT OR KEEPING QUALIFICATION IS PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- CURRENTLY STUDYING ANIMAL CARE WITH EXPERIENCE IN ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
- DBS CHECK ESSENTIAL
Company group pension scheme
Free on-site parking
DRIVING LICENCE AND OWN TRANSPORT WOULD BE NECESSARY DUE TO THE LOCATION
CONTACT MANAGER DARREN HART ON email@example.com